Monday, December 15, 2008

stop the noise

I can't get them out of my head!!!! The songs....the Christmas songs. I find myself doing the dishes and all of a sudden I start to hum..."I'll be home for Christmas." Or, I will be sitting at my desk at work and break out into a rendition of “White Christmas”. It’s not right. I didn’t ask for this. I didn't deliberately set out to listen to these songs. I didn't start a fire in the hearth and put on the old favourites. No! These songs and others like it are just there, implanted when I wasn't aware. Walking innocently through a mall or riding in the elevator at my Doctor’s office. AWK!!! Stop the noise!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nature grrl
The background hum of your computer monitor; the din of traffic; the errrrrn of a distant elevator going up; the ticking of time passing us by ... there are so many noises in our head ... we don't even acknowledge most of them anymore. Isn't that snatch of Christmas music slightly agreeable in comparison?